Thursday, March 5, 2009

Twister

I got some new Betty Crocker food markers that I just had to try. They colored on rice cheese almost like a paintbrush. Fantastic! A big improvement over my Wilton set which performed more like pencils on waxed paper.

Thanks to PikaMama who posted a cheese character tutorial on the Lunch In A Box forums for suggesting the change! I didn't expect to find the markers the same week, on sale no less, at my local Stop & Shop supermarket.

Ryan's lunch: pbj sandwich w/rice cheese Twister board; cucumber slices under soy cheese & nori spinner; orange slices.

I need to be more careful next time about pushing out the colored images from the shape cutter. Some blue ink got onto the first yellow circle. I should have redone it, but I was too pressed for time. What's new!

AJ & Nate had mini pitas
with sunflower butter &
strawberry jelly; cocoa
snaps; cucumber slices;
orange slices.

3 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I love the Twister lunch! It's perfect! I think the blue ink on the yellow circle is very yin yang-ish.

Thank you so much for your Hippo Birdie wishes! I am slowly trying to re-join our great Blogland.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed by the amount of food Ryan will eat! I probably couldn't even eat all those maki!
I would love it if my little guy would eat all the yummy food that you post in your blog.

veganf said...

River - Looking forward to your next post!!

Liz - I try to go by the japanese recommended bento size for the kids' age, gender & activity level. It seems to work out just right. He also gets a drink and an occasional treat on the side.