Saturday, November 28, 2009

my little turkeys

I've got some cute crazy turkeys:































































All the food...
Nate and Dad adore
asparagus. They wiped
out both plates at home
and at the cousins'
house.

We're loving all the
leftovers, but I'm going
to have to make a second
round of mashed
potatoes, everyone's
favourite!

Favourite Mashed Potatoes

3 lbs potatoes, peeled, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
3 T. Earth Balance
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup Tofutti sour supreme
fresh ground black pepper to taste

In a large pot, add potatoes, garlic and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a low boil. Cook 20-30 min until soft.
Drain potatoes, leaving a little bit of cooking liquid (1/4-1/2 cup) in the bottom of the pot. Add remaining ingredients and mashed potatoes with a fork. Stir to combine.

3 comments:

Alone in Holy Land said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now, enjoying your family pictures, your gorgeous kids, your fabulous recipes, your bentos. Needless to say I won't be able to create such works of art, but one can dream...
I have a request, please...I was admiring your table ladden with fantastic food and please, can you name the dishes that you have there. I especially loved the cauliflower/broccoli salad (?).
Thank you!
BTW, my baby-girl's name is Maya, too. And we are a vegetarian family.

veganf said...

LOL, I was wondering whether I should label everything or not...

top pic, from top left clockwise:
crescent rolls, Tofurky roast, cranberry sauce, creamy kale, mushroom gravy, pickled beets, roasted cauliflower & broccoli (just veggies sprayed w/olive oil, salt, pepper), cranberry apple potato dumplings, roasted squash seeds, pickles.

bottom pic, starting at remaining dishes top left (square baking dish): spicy baked tofu, stuffing, mashed potatoes, swiss chard w/raisins, pumpkin bread, steamed butternut squash, corn, steamed asparagus.

Alone in Holy Land said...

Thank you very much!
Everything looks and sounds yummy!