Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ryan's 7th Birthday

Here's
Ryan
arriving
home
from
school
on
friday.
I made
his
cake on
saturday,
frosted
it before
bed, and
chilled
it over-
night.
Sponge-
Bob, of
course,
LOL.

Like his father, Ryan prefers
vanilla cake with a layer of
vanilla frosting with sliced
strawberries inside. I am
usually a chocolate fan, but I
must admit this combo is
pretty darned good!





For breakfast Ryan requested
pancakes. One of the topping
choices was apple syrup that
I'd made the day before...

Apple Syrup

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3-4 red apples' worth of
apple peel!

Don't throw away all those
apple peels or toss them
in the compost! Bring all 3
ingredients to a boil, stir to
dissolve the sugar, then
reduce heat to medium for 10 minutes, or until apples lose their bright colour. Remove apple peels with a slotted spoon, and continue simmering until liquid has reduced about half. Remove from heat and store refrigerated until ready to use.

The kids are really eating
a lot these days. Either I
need to stop eating, or I
need to increase how much
pancake batter I make by
50%! I'll need to get out
my biggest mixing bowl by
the time they're in their teens.

6 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

What a beautiful cake! I'm a chocolate cake person too, but I can't resist a vanilla-strawberry combo!

I've been thinking about making an apple pie, so I'll be sure to save the apple peels to make apple syrup! What a great idea!

veganf said...

I really miss you blogging River! How about just 1 post for Mofo!??

Amy Rainey said...

Hi, just stumbled onto your blog while looking for a great use for apple peels. I wanted to thank you for the apple syrup recipe...it was just what I was looking for! It is simmering on the stove right now, and smells yummy!

Mark Spencer said...

I believe this will help your website become more organized because you have decided to set a part on this site for the inquiries regarding tax and as well as the helpful discussions. To be honest, this is one of the few sites that are doing this kind of strategy. assignment help writing Also, I think that this will not only benefit your clients or the potential ones but you most especially because you will be able to see the questions easier.

hameedudhaaam said...

Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing. All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers. Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every reader through this article. literature-essay Quality of assignment crux uk the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.

hameedudhaaam said...

If we are going to talk about murals, it is a harsh reality that there are people who do not appreciate artworks like this. I fell bad, but there is less that I can do; I want them to realize that murals are beautiful and worth appreciating. But I simply don't know where to start. Sometimes, I think of writing as my way to influence people to appraiser things that should be appreciated. I don't know if that is going to be effective, but I want to give essay helper uk it a try.