Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Preschool Nate

It was Nate's first day back at preschool this fall. Since he's 3, he will be going three mornings per week.
Nate's snack in this mini (180ml) Spongebob container: Veggie Booty; oatmeal raisin cookie; baby carrots.













Some of the perks of the 3 year old class are markers and scissors.

On busy days like this,
it's handy to have a
frozen stash of pesto
ready to add to a quick
pasta dish.

And I scored on a bunch
of cheap pears at the
supermarket, so I used
them in a salad.

I had ordered some Soy
Bleu to try for the first
time recently, so I added
it to the salad too.

Peppery Pear Salad
(serves 2)

salad greens for 2
1 pear, cut into slices then cut in half
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup crumbled Soy Bleu (optional)
2 T. walnut oil
1 T. olive oil
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Wash & tear greens, place in bowls.
Cut pear and add to greens.
Add chopped walnuts.
Crumble on Soy Bleu (or other sharp tasting alternative)
Mix last 5 ingredients vigourously in a small bowl. Pour over salad.

3 comments:

ElGuappa said...

Seriously, your blog is amazing. Do you work? Lol. I feel like the world's biggest underachiever (and I'm a single parent!).

veganf said...

If by work you mean raise 4 kids and keep them fed & watered & clean, then yes, LOL. Seriously, I went back to work part-time after my first son was born for a few months because they didn't want to find a replacement for me. But it was hard taking him with me or leaving him at home on the days that my husband could be home (and then having to pump for the baby), and it was a 40 minute commute during the best of traffic & weather conditions, so I decided not to work anymore.

But my husband travels a lot so I'm often on my own with the kids.

Erin said...

Your pear salad sounds great! I love that soy bleu cheese, but my boyfriend calls it "that stinky cheese" every time I eat it and makes me open all the windows :)