Thursday, October 15, 2009

Peek-At-Chu

I've really dropped the ball on cute lunches during Vegan Mofo so far. Sorry! It's hard with a husband who travels a lot and 4 kids to schlep here and there. This is a sad excuse for a character lunch, but Ryan appreciates it nevertheless...I'll try to do better next week!
Ryan's lunch: Italian pasta salad; smoked Tofurky, soy cheese, lettuce, mustard sandwich on wheat bread w/ a soy cheese pokeball and Pikachu peeking at you.

What often goes down
at breakfast time...or
for a before-school snack?
A smoothie, or "snoovy"
as Nate calls them.

Tropical Kids Super
Smoothie


4 chunks frozen mango
4 frozen strawberries
80ml strawberry rosehip GoodBelly drink
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup orange juice
6 drops vegan DHA
1 tsp. vegan kids multivitamin drops
plain almond milk to fill the rest

Put everything in a blender (I use a Magic Bullet, which I prefer because there's one less container to wash and everything dirty can fit in the top rack of the dishwasher) for 15-20 seconds.
Maia loves this. Here
she is, forcing herself
between me and the
counter, waiting for
her share. She loves
coconut anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I'd love a pokemon bento, even at my age!