Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Restaurant Review: Einstein Bros. Bagels

Einstein Bros. Bagels has long been my favourite bagel chain outside the NYC area. They make great bagels and tasty hummus. But I hadn't been to one in almost a year simply because I was all bagel-ed out after my last pregnancy. I had hyperemesis gravidarum, and bagels--specifically Einstein Bros sundried tomato bagels--were one of the very few foods I could reliably keep down!

It was time to return there
for a Mama Date with AJ.
We went on a sunny sunday
for lunch the morning after
changing the clocks to
daylight savings time.



AJ chose a cinnamon-raisin bagel,
as is, nothing on it. He also got a
large fruit cup. What's nice here is
that they have a lot of kid-sized
drinks to choose from, along with
Nantucket Nectars juices and
homemade blackberry lemonade!

I got my old standby sundried
tomato bagel, but toasted with
hummus. Everything here is
very reasonably priced in my
opinion.

I used to buy the baker's
dozen box of bagels on the
weekends before havings
kids and I'd precut and
freeze three-quarters of
them. They're great for
breakfasts, sandwiches,
bagel pizzas and more.

Check out the "Lucky Green"
bagels for St. Patrick's Day:

This Einstein Bros. Bagels is located in Wayland, MA at 44 Main Street (rt. 27), 508-655-6420 . There is ample parking in the plaza it shares with a pet supplies store and a Starbucks. Seasonal outdoor seating, but plenty of indoor tables as well. There is also a wonderful wood play area nearby, the Hannah Williams Playground. (But AJ chose to continue down to rt.9 to visit Pet World instead to see the cats in their Kitty City.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

i absolutely LOVE einsteins, especially their variety of cream cheeses. YUm YUM YUM!

Cody said...

I've never been to Einstein's... or any bagel place for that matter. I see so many of them, but I've just never been.

Sounds good, though.