Thursday, March 26, 2009

Something Fishy

Every year the New England Aquarium in Boston brings ocean animals to visit the boys' preschool. Today was their annual visit, so I made appropriate lunches/snacks. Ryan fondly remembers his preschool days and didn't want to be left out of the fun.
Nate and AJ looked at (and touched and held) snails, mussels, clams, starfish, etc. There actually weren't any fish, but I don't have a clam cookie cutter, hahaha.

Nate's lunch: Tofurky & soy cheese roll-ups; steamed broccoli; baby carrots; cucumber slices; orange pieces; steamed asparagus; wakame onigiri w/rice cheese "fish".

AJ's snack is much the
same, but with a plain
rice heart.

AJ said he liked holding
the clams the best. Nate
was honestly more
interested in his teacher's
ocean animal shirt than
the aquarium animals. Ah well!

Ryan's lunch was also very similar. He had 2 yellow rice balls (colored with tumeric & nutritional yeast) as well as some soy cheese "waves".

3 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I love those little cheese fishies and the soy cheese waves!

Eroteme said...

Frankly, I am amazed at your abundant creativity! I am from India and we are vegetarians by birth and practically forever (I know, we aren't yet vegans). Around me I see more people choosing to be non-veg and hence, it surprised me immensely to find people in the land of Omaha steaks go vegan and how!! Your ideas and recipes are wonderful. I never knew that there was something called rice-cheese (and you made them look so cute). Hat's off to you and your blog (not sure you can see the tipping hat from across oceans ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.