Sunday, November 22, 2009

When not in Rome

I don't think there's any hope of me fully catching up from the last few days. I fell behind on friday and then the momentum wasn't there. My husband was in Rome for 5 days and the new Star Trek film came out on dvd, so I admit I did nothing else but watch it repeatedly every evening. But here were friday's lunches...
Ryan's
lunch:
tofu
salad
sand-
wiches;
meat-
less
meat-
balls;
orange
slices;
carrot
sticks;
cucu-
mber
slices;
a hazel-
nut
praline
dark
choco-
late.

I had grandma pick Nate up from preschool since AJ gets out of half day kindergarten at exactly the same time. He then spent part of the afternoon with her, so I packed him a lunch...
Nate's lunch; mixed fruit cup (leftover from a trip); tofu salad sandwich; carrot sticks; grape tomatoes; cucumber slices; a meatless meatball.

And me...
A salad with pickled
radishes.
And some sauteed
Tofurky sausages with
broccoli & tomato.



Saturday's hike seemed
to wear everyone out
more than usual--maybe
it had to do with Dada
being away. Nate and his
crooked walking stick,
about ready to give up!

But then he saw his
brothers at the top...

3 comments:

Kumudha said...

So many delicious vegan items!

River - The Crafty Kook said...

Your husband was in Rome? Wow! I don't blame you for watching the Star Trek movie repeatedly, it was really good! That JJ is a genius!

veganf said...

I LOVE JJ Abrams. Awesome.
And yeah, Rome on "business", which means play in a card tournament and sightsee, LOL.