Saturday, July 4, 2009

cookbook challenge, week 2

So last week I started a personal cookbook challenge. During the past week I've made 3 more recipes from Tomato Blessings and Radish Teachings.

First was the Garbanzo
Bean Stew with Spinach
and Saffron. Not so good.
It was not stew-like at all,
but more like a soup made
with water. My soup-adoring
oldest son couldn't even
choke this down. I didn't mind
it, but I won't be making it
again. I could tell from the ingredients that this wasn't going to be a hit, but I didn't want to go changing a recipe I'd never made before. Ironically, AJ loved it, and Maia enjoyed it too.

As a side dish I made the
White Bean Salad with Olives
and Zucchini. The kids weren't
fans, except Maia who loved
it, but my husband and I
thought it was excellent. With
zucchini about to arrive en
masse any day, this is a good
one to remember.

I was skeptical about this Lentil
Soup with Cumin, Coriander and
Lemon. I'm so stuck in my ways
about lentil soup needing a leafy
green. I was very pleasantly
surprised. This was a really tasty
lentil soup. Everyone liked it.
Hooray!

Can't wait to try something new
again this week! What cookbook
are you using right now?

No comments: