Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What was that?!

I don't watch the weather report obsessively, but I do check the forecast on Yahoo! every morning...and I didn't notice anything about WORST STORM EVER in my experience in New England this century. They did mention "possible thundershowers, severe at times". But no mention of torrential downpours, wind, marble sized hail, landslides, rivers of mud, boulders on the road, storm drains spraying water into the air, intermittent power, flooding, traffic light failure, manhole covers levitating off the road...

...Luckily farm camp ended before all that began.

Ryan
& AJ's
lunches:
honey-
dew
melon;
wakame
onigiri
(rice
triangle);
steamed
broccoli;
Good
Dog
"flowers"
with
edamame;
a veg
dumpling
for Ryan. AJ didn't want a dumpling. I asked what he wanted instead. He said, "Can't I have just one more piece of broccoli? You want me to stay healthy, don't you??" Too funny.

One benefit to using
reusable shopping bags
is the lack of suffocation
risk. Silly Maia.

It was ONLY raining
buckets when Maia
and I went shopping.

Maia's been learning
all sorts of new tricks...
like stairs. Time to keep
the baby gates closed at
all times now!

She's also mastered the
"laughing at you when
she knows she's doing
something she shouldn't"
pose...counting on her
cuteness to save her.

For the few who braved
the storm for farm share
pickup (or live close enough and are crazy, like me)...there was plenty of produce ready inside the farmstand tent: broccoli, cabbage, beets, lettuce, mixed baby greens, carrots, summer squash. But the rest of the "pick your own" will have to wait until another day this week when the fields aren't flooded or being struck by lightning...

No comments: